We, at That Legal Stuff endeavour to protect and respect the privacy of our users.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is of That Legal Stuff.
That Legal Stuff has the authority to process and collect the following information or data about our users:
- Information given by you to us: Information that is related to you can be given to us by filling in forms that are available on our website thatlegalstuff.com or through your correspondence with us by way of e-mail, phone or some other medium. This will include the information provided by users when they visit our website, browse for a product, subscribe to our service, place an order with us and participate in discussion boards on our website. The list also includes the use of social media functions and networks, survey or promotion and when you report a problem that you have with our site. The information that is given by you may include your name, phone number, address, email address, credit card or any financial information, photographs and personal statement.
- Information collected by us: Each time you visit our website we are authorised to automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including your login information, Internet protocol (IP) address that is used for connecting your computer or device with the internet, time zone setting, browser version or type, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information related to your visit on our website, with the inclusion of full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream as well (through and from our site). This will also include the date and time of your visit, products that have been viewed or searched by you; download errors, page response times, the length of visit you have made to some pages, any methods that have been used by you to browse away from a page. The list also includes, page interaction information (for instance clicks, mouse-overs and scrolling) or any phone number from which you have made a call to our customer service centre.
- Information that has been received by us through other sources: We are allowed to receive information related to you if you have used any other websites and services operated and provided by us. In such a case we will make sure to inform you about the time when we collected that data so that it can be shared internally and combined with the data collected on this website. We are also working in collaboration with third parties such as business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services. We are also working with advertising networks, providers of search information, credit reference companies, and analytical providers. We are also allowed to receive information about you from them.
How will we use your information?
At That Legal Stuff, the information we will receive about you is going to be used in the following way:
Information given by you to us. This information will be used by us:
- To fulfil our obligations that may arise from any legally binding contracts in which you and us have entered. Furthermore, to provide you the information about products and services that you have requested from us.
- To provide you with information about goods and services that are similar to the ones you have already purchased from us or have enquired about.
- To send you a notification if there are any changes made to our service
- To make sure that the content on our website is provided to you and your computer in the most efficient manner
- To provide you or to give selected third parties the permission to provide you with information related to goods and services that we feel you might be interested in. In case you are an existing customer then we will contact you only through electronic medium such as text messages or e-mail. Through electronic mediums we will provide information to you about those goods and services that were purchased or negotiated by you in the past. If you are a new customer and where selected third parties are allowed by us to use your data, then they or we may contact you through electronic means only if you permit us to do that. If we are not allowed to use your data in this way or allowed to send your personal information to third parties for the purposes of advertisement or marketing then please tick on the appropriate box on the form on which we collect data.
Information that is collected by us about you: This information will be used by us:
- For internal operations and for administering our website. This will also include troubleshooting, testing, data analysis, research and for the purposes of surveying.
- To bring improvement to our site and to make sure that the content and data is provided in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- In order to make an effort, to keep our website secure and safe
- Permit you to participate in interactive features of our service if you are interested
- To provide relevant advertisements to users and to measure and comprehend the usefulness of advertising that is served by you and others.
- To make recommendations and suggestions about products and services that may be of interest to you and other users who visit our website
Information received by us from other sources
This information can be combined with information that has been provided by you to us and the information that we have collected about you. Depending on the type of information received by us we may use the combined information for the above mentioned purposes.
Disclosure of the user’s information
Your personal information can be shared by us with any member of our organisation, which includes our subsidiaries, our parent company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We are allowed to share your information with selected third parties and also:
- With our business partners, sub-contractors and suppliers for the purpose of any contract that is binding between you and us.
- With Advertising networks and advertisers who require the data so as to select and deliver relevant adverts to others and you. However, we may not disclose information to our advertisers that pertains to identifying individuals. But we are allowed to provide the collective information about the users of our website. For instance we may inform the advertisers that 500 men who are under the age of 30 have watched their advertisement on a particular day. This collective information can also be used by us to help advertisers to reach their target audience (for instance women in SW1). We may also use the personal data that we have collected from you so that we can comply with our advertisers’ requirements by way of displaying that advertisement to their target audience.
- With search engine providers and analytics who help us to improve and optimise our site.
- With credit reference agencies for the assessment of your credit score where it is one of the conditions by us to enter into a contract with you
We are allowed to disclose your personal information to the relevant third parties:
- In a situation where any business or assets have been sold or bought by us. In which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller who is the rightful owner of such business or assets.
- If the company or some or all of its assets have come under the possession of a third party, in which case the personal data that is held by the company about its customers will be categorised as one of the transferred assets.
Where will your personal data be stored by us?
The information provided by you will be stored on our secure servers. All payment transcriptions will be encrypted. Where a password has been given by us, or where you chose a password on your own that allows you to gain access to certain parts of our website, it is your responsibility to keep that password confidential. We suggest you to not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transfer of information by way of internet is not totally secure. Although we will try our best to secure your data as much as possible however we cannot fully guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is going to be at your own risk. Once your information is received by us, we will surely use security features and strict procedures so as to prevent unauthorised access.
As a user of our website you have a right to deny if you don’t want your personal data to be processed for marketing purposes. Before the collection of your data we will usually inform you if we are intending to use your information for such purposes or whether we are intending to disclose your information to a third party for such purposes. You have the authority to exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may also from time to time find on our website certain links from and to the websites of our advertisers, affiliates and the networks that have partnered with us. If you follow a link to one of these websites than be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and, That Legal Stuff will not be held responsible nor accept any liability for these policies. Therefore, before submitting any personal information or data on these websites, please check these policies.
As per this Act you have the right to access information that is related to you. You may exercise your right of access in agreement with the Act. However, any request for access may be subjected to a 10 pounds fee to meet the costs that will be incurred by us when we provide you with the details of the information that we hold about you.